Sönmez Trafo was founded in 1976 by Electrical Engineer (MSc) Sureyya Sonmez.
- Until 1980 the company undertook the maintenance and repair of distributor transformers up to 630 kVA.
- From 1980 onwards the company initiated the manufacture of distribution transformers up to 2500 kVA.
- Starting from the year 1990, the company began to produce power and distributor transformers up to 5000 kVA.
- Following the year 1995, the firm focused on the production of special type transformers and reactors.
- From 1998 onwards all sorts of transformers up to 25 MVA can be manufactured in an area of 7500 m2 in our premises.
- Following the year 2000, our company launched to produce cast resin dry transformers with its own capital stock. In addition all sorts of special transformers can be manufactured.
- Sonmez Trafo has opened an office in Chicago, US in 2016
- New factory investment has been completed 2017 and Sonmez Trafo became one of the largest big scale special type transformer manufacturer in Europe
Our Company holds the following certificates; ISO EN 9001 Quality Management (since 1994) TS EN 14001 Environmental Management ISG OHSAS 18001 Work Safety Management.
From the year 2000 onwards, by means of participating in international exhibitions and thanks to our promotions and more importantly to our more than 40-year-experience we now export with the USA, along with many other countries in Europe, Japan, the Middle East, Russia, the Turkic Republics, India and Singapore. The export rate is more than >90% for many years.
Our firm will continue its activity in such fields as R&D management and product improvements.